Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Stila Convertible Color in "Peony"

          A few weeks ago sephora offered a mini Stila convertible color in "peony" as a 100 point perk. I have heard many people on youtube rave about this product so I was really excited to be able to try it without purchasing the $25 full size. Sephora describes this product as a "lipstick that doubles as a blush." 


As a blush, this product is really nice. I actually really like the finish as it looks more natural than a powder blush. It doesn't look greasy at all, but I'm not sure that it would hold up all day on really oily skin. However,  for normal to dry skin it adds a beautiful flush that doesn't look like heavy makeup. It faded on me after 4-5 hours of wear. 




Swatches (left= bare lips, right= lips with "peony" on) 



*If you get the chance to try this as a mini (in any shade) as a point perk, or in a value set, I completely recommend taking advantage of it. In most of the reviews I have seen, people have absolutely loved it. I was not by any means disappointed in this product, I just didn't find it to be a must-have worthy of the hype. 

            Overall, I like this product;however, I don't think that it is quite special enough to justify buying another one. I will use up the mini though! If you love cream blush then this product might be worth trying out. Nevertheless,  as a lipstick only, it adds a nice amount of color that melts into the lips, but isn't anything spectacular. 

No comments:

Post a Comment