Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Almay Color+Care Liquid Lip Balms

              Almay's first lip product is a lip gloss unlike any other. It is a combination of the conditioning properties of a lip balm and the shine of a lip gloss. These have become my favorite drugstore lip gloss! I absolutely recommend them to everyone, even if you don't normally go for glossy lip products.

*Scent: These have a very distinct, kinda sweet scent to them. I go through phases of liking it and then not-liking it so much. Overall, I wouldn't say that is bothers me too much because after I apply one of them, I don't notice the scent afterward.

*I have incredibly dry lips and am constantly applying lip balms, so when I noticed that my lips remained moisturized after these wore off, I was very surprised! I don't think these will take the place of my lip balms, but they do sustain the moisture in my lips despite the fact that they are a lip gloss. I think the name "liquid lip balm" doesn't completely fit what these glosses are. I would call them, simply, "moisturizing lip glosses."

Swatches:


Rosy lipped: dusty rose



Cantaloupe: peachy-coral



Apricot: red-toned coral


Lilac love: pinky-purple
 


Apple a day: pinky vibrant red
 


Just Plum: deep plum



         Overall, I am really enjoying using these glosses! The shade range is nice, because it includes  neutral pinky colors, while still having deeper shades, and some brighter shades. If you are looking for a great, moisturizing, fairly inexpensive lip gloss, I recommend checking these out!

No comments:

Post a Comment