Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Clinique Chubby Sticks

If you love flipping through magazines, you may have seen these fun, eye-catching advertisements for Clinique's version of the jumbo lip pencil called chubby sticks. 


        Lately, I have been reaching for these more as the temperature heats up! During the summer, I prefer lighter, more moisturizing lip products which is a criteria Clinique's chubby sticks definitely fall in to.
        A while ago Sephora had an online-only exclusive of five smaller sizes of the Clinique chubby sticks for $34. This was a great opportunity to try out multiple shades; however, the set is not on sephora.com anymore. It may come back around the holidays but I'm not sure. 
      

Although the product is not super pigmented, it's very buildable. For the swatches below I applied a lot to ensure that the color would show up in the pictures;though, when I wear one of these I usually don't apply that much so I just have a soft touch of color. Those with naturally pigmented lips might not notice the hugest difference with just a couple swipes of this product. For that reason I do believe that those with lips closer to their skin tone might have better luck in getting a strong color without applying a ton of product. 

Swatches:


Curvy Candy: baby pink


Chunky Cherry: bright hot pink



Oversized Orange: vivid tangerine



Super Strawberry: strawberry pink


Richer Raisin: plummy brown 


     Something very important to note about these pencils twist up so you don't need to sharpen and waste product.   

Cost: $16


          Overall, I think that Clinique's chubby sticks are a great lip product for the summer months, and just in general. I like that they provide a light wash of color that provides a somewhat long-wearing tint after the shine wears off. 



No comments:

Post a Comment