Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

Benefit Tints

Some of Benefit's most iconic product are their tints. Benetint was the first product Benefit ever released.They have incredible lasting power just as a stain should! Lately I have been paying close attention of wear-time when it comes to makeup and these have not failed to impress.

Swatches & Review:
* The picture located to the right of the actual product is the tint swiped using the brush attached; The picture below is that swipe blended using my finger.

Benetint: rose-tinted lip and cheek stain

*This tint is the most watery making it much easier to blend if one was to use this as a blush. The color looks intense in the bottle, however, it provides light coverage once blended. Although it is sheer, it can be built up on the lips to allow for ample coverage. Also, as a stain, this shade is fantastic. Once applied, it sinks into the skin and stays there for hours.

*This is the only stain that has a scent (that I can detect.) It has a fragrant rose scent which is very fitting for the beautiful rosy shade.





 Cha Cha Tint: mango tinted lip and cheek stain

*This stain is very thick and pigmented. While the consistency is perfect for a lip stain, it is difficult to wear as a blush. As you can see in the blended swatch, the original swipe is still apparent even though it was blended only seconds after applying. The only way I can imagine wearing it as a cheek stain is if I rub the product between my fingers first, and then blend it quickly onto my cheeks. Once the tint is placed it sticks and stays there, which it good for a stain, but not ideal for a blush.

*I actually wore this the other day as a lip stain and the product literally lasted all day! Even after I took a shower a little bit of pigment still remained on my lips.




PosieTint: pink tinted lip and cheek stain

*This tint is extremely similar to Cha Cha tint in consistency and texture;in fact; the only difference between the two is, obviously, the color.


Price: $29 for full size(12.5 ml)
The cost is a little pricey, so if you are interested in any of these tints, I would recommend getting a set that includes at least one of them. This is also a great way to try out some other Benefit products! On benefitcosmetics.com there are several sets including the tints.

Overall:  I really like using all the tints as a lip stain, however benetint is my favorite and the one I would most encourage you to try! Once I run out of the mini, I will be purchasing the full size.

Have you tried any Benefit tints? If so, which is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment